Bathing a new born baby is a really attentive task. It can be fun when you share bathing time with your little one, but at the same time it is also important to keep your baby safe while cleaning them. Here are some easy steps to make sure your bathing is a fun process.
- For the first few weeks, start with a sponge bath using warm water. Don’t use any kind of soap or shampoo to clean your baby. It can be harmful for baby’s sensitive skin.
- One month later, start with only a few inches of warm water. Bathe your new born 2-3 times a week.
- Be very careful with the choice of your baby skin care products. Make sure that the product has a lower level of fragrance and should not contain soap or alcohol
- While bathing your baby with one hand, keep your other arm in such a way so that you can provide gentle support to your baby’s back, head and neck.
- Wash your baby’s face, genitals and bottom area carefully. Take care while cleaning in the folds and creases of your baby’s skin, where dirt, sweat, and dead skin cells can build up and cause irritation.
- Soothe your baby and keep them calm during the bath. Talk, sing and play games with your baby so that they can enjoy it as a special time. You can also play some soothing music to add fun.
- Carefully lift your baby out of the bath and quickly wrap them in a clean towel.
- Pat your baby dry to avoid skin damage. Patting is important, as you could irritate your baby’s skin if you rub them.
In general, you can bathe your baby anytime during the day, that is convenient and practical for you, but before that you have to ensure the following things:
- Do not bathe your baby if they are feeling sleepy.
- Do not bathe them when they are hungry
- If the baby’s health is not good and they are feeling cold